Someone asked the other day, “Andy, I deleted a bunch of events from Google Calendar, but I want to get them back. Any way to get them back?”
Why yes… yes there is a way to get them back!
When you delete an event you created or have edit access to, it stays in that Google calendar’s trash for 30 days. When you go to the trash, you can restore events, or delete them forever.
Note: Anyone who has “Make changes to events” or “Make changes AND manage sharing” permission for the calendar can see and move events in the trash.
- On your computer, log in with the appropriate Google account and open Google Calendar.
- On the left side of the page, find the My calendars list.
- To the right of your calendar’s name, click the dropdown menu > Trash. You’ll see the events that were deleted from this calendar.
- Check the box to the left of any events you want to move.
- Click Delete forever or Restore selected events.
- To delete all the events in your trash, click Empty trash now.